The Team Army Sports Foundation is a registered charity which raises funds for Forces sport.
Sport is critical to the welfare and morale of our Forces, yet taking part in sport is often expensive and in some cases, beyond the means of our personnel. Team Army helps to make sport more accessible by reducing the cost of participation as well as increasing the opportunity for our injured troops to take part in competitive sport.
Since our launch in January 2011 we have distributed over £2.7m to nearly 80 Forces sports associations, many of whom have never before enjoyed private sector funding.
“We help the best get better. We aim to increase sporting opportunity, promote excellence and also enable recuperation and rehabilitation.”
Would you like to show your appreciation for our Forces by helping Team Army? Here’s how you can get involved:
- Read about some of the athletes we are supporting
- Select Team Army as the beneficiary of your fundraising event
- Choose Team Army as your organisation’s charity of choice
- Make a donation on our Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving pages
- Through corporate sponsorship
- Apply for funding for your team or organisation
Team Army is endorsed by the UK Ministry of Defence’s Army Board (ECAB). We work in partnership with the Army Sport Control Board, which governs and regulates Army sport.
Team Army Sports Foundation is a registered charity, number 1144004.